November 8, 2016 https://mincorps.umn.edu/women-innovators-conference
Tuesday, November 8
McNamara Alumni Center
The Women Innovators Conference is a professional development summit designed to help female innovators connect the dots between their ideas and making a positive, significant impact. This event will inspire, inform and connect women graduate students, faculty and business professionals in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine to strengthen and extend the diverse talent pool of women innovators in the Twin Cities. We are focusing on women, because they are under-represented in STEMM innovation, but men are welcome to attend.
The half-day program will:
- Inspire: Highly accomplished women innovators and leaders will share their perspectives on what it takes to develop, encourage and support women innovators to achieve real-world impact.
- Inform: What does it take to get from here to there? During the breakout sessions, panelists will share their personal stories and advice.
- Connect: Networking opportunities will be provided during breaks and a reception. In addition, we’ll be using networking software that makes it easy for participants to find and communicate with each other both during and after the conference.
- Keynote Address: Alison Brown, President & CEO, Science Museum of Minnesota
- From Idea to Impact: Panelists will trace the paths their innovations took to become reality – steps and roles in the commercialization process.
- Forging Your Own Path: Panelists will review the twists and turns of their careers – trade-offs to consider, lessons learned.
- Making Your Mark: Panelists will share what they are doing today to address the world’s grand challenges – as academic, business or nonprofit leaders.
- Closing Address: Cindy Kent, President & General Manager, 3M Infection Prevention Division
- Reception and Innovators Showcase
Register at: https://mincorps.umn.edu/women-innovators-conference