Rakuna.Co was started by Trong Dong and Ngan Pham, graduate students and STARTUP participants (class of 2015). Dong was initially interested in recruiting solutions for a while, so he confronted several students and recruiters to understand the problem of current recruitment. There was a disconnect from offline to online recruitment experience. That's where Rakuna.Co emerged. Dong and Pham wanted to provide a fully engaging experience between the candidate and recruiters both offline and online while gathering the candidate's information.
Rakuna.Co, a finalist for the MN Cup 2015, is a candidate relationship management (CRM) solution for millennial recruiting. The solution provides a more efficient way of recruiting candidates. Even in the short time of operation, Rakuna.Co has many accomplishments:
- Raised over $60,000 from various angel investors
- Achieved actual sales with 5 customers, 2 customers who are annual multi-year contracts
- Grown the team from 2 founders to 15 team members (including full-time, part-time, contractor, interns who are working around the world)
- Set up the operational team in Vietnam, which helps Rakuna.Co to manage cost very efficiently
- Participating in the Vietchallenge competition, a global start-up competition fro startup with Vietnamese founders, and have advanced to the semi-final round!
- Figuring out the sales process
- Cutting cost efficiently with operational team in Vietnam
- Pick your partner carefully - founders conflict is one of the most common reasons a startup fails
- Pick your board of advisors carefully - you will need a lot of wisdom and help along the way. A strong board of advisors will help a lot.
- Focus on customer development process at the beginning - It will save you a lot of money!
- Be persistent - There will be a lot of ups and downs. Do not give up. Pivot until you find what works.
What has Rakuna.Co been up to?